There is lot to learn and take in from popular faces. Having so many experiences in life, can definitely make you wiser and more knowledgeable. Therefore, there is plenty to learn on what famous people think on life, and how you should live it.
Of course, we all know the traditional route – study, study some more, find a job, get married, done. But, do you actually want to be a part of the pattern?
What is it that we haven’t learnt about our uniqueness? Let’s find out through these 20 powerful life quotes by famous people.
1. “All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make, the better.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
2. “Here’s to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes … the ones who see things differently — they’re not fond of rules …
You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can’t do is ignore them because they change things … They push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius …” – Steve Jobs
3. “Stop letting people who do so little for you control so much of your mind, feelings, and emotions.” – Will Smith
4. “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” – Dr. Seuss
5. “In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.” – Abraham Lincoln
6. “The secret of change is to focus all of your energy not on fighting the old, but on building the new.” – Socrates
7. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking.
Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.” – Steve Jobs
8. “Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
9. “Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.” – Albert Einstein
10. “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
11. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
12. “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” – T. S. Eliot
13. “To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
14. “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” – Rumi
15. “Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t–you’re right.” – Henry Ford
16. “There is no easy walk to freedom anywhere, and many of us will have to pass through the valley of the shadow of death again and again before we reach the mountaintop of our desires.” – Nelson Mandela
17. “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” – Thomas A. Edison
18. “It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things.” – Leonardo Da Vinci
19. “Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.” – Harriet Tubman
20. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
The power of positive thinking and perception can drastically transform your life. Know who you are and be ready to chase your dreams. Don’t let prejudices hold you back and leave you thinking that you could have done something else with your life.